Our Bee Friendly Farming program engages farmers in promotion of pollinator health on their lands. Farmers who meet six specific criteria are then certified “bee friendly”.
We look forward to continuing our work with the Almond Board of California to promote pollinator health and well-being, and working together to build almond-specific criteria to ensure we are inclusive to all farming communities.
- Offer forage providing good nutrition for bees on 3-6% of land.
- Plant continuous bloom of different flowering plants throughout the growing season, especially in early spring and late autumn in temperate regions.
- Offer clean water for bees.
- Provide a variety of habitat for nesting through features such as hedgerows, natural brush, or bufferstrips.
- Practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM); reduce or eliminate the use of chemicals.
- Pay the annual $45 certification fee.