We call on all Australian Governments to take the following urgent actions to protect the lives of Australians with disability in the context of COVID19:
- Guarantee continuity of supports for all people with disability.
- Expand criteria for COVID19 testing to include people with disability and their support persons.
- Urgently improve information and communications to be inclusive of all people with disability.
- Take measures to remove the barriers to adequate healthcare for people with disability.
- Include recipients of the Disability Support Pension (DSP) in the Coronavirus Supplement of $550 per fortnight.
- Urgently define what constitutes an ‘essential service’ for people with disability.
- Ensure effective measures are in place to recognise and respond to violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect of people with disability.
- Prevent discrimination of students with disability in the provision of education.
- Ensure the human rights of people with disability in congregate and other settings are upheld.
- Adequately resource Disabled Peoples Organisations (DPOs) and Disability Representative Organisations (DROs) to enable support of, and advocacy for, people with disability.