Sunday, January 12, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
In The Family Life Center
All families are invited to come celebrate the upcoming wedding.
Bring the kids!
You're welcome to bring cards and your favorite family recipe.
A gift card & money tree will be available.
Senior Adult Ministry
* Young In Heart
Tuesday, January 7, 9:30 a.m. till noon in Fellowship Hall. A monthly fellowship, presentation, and lunch for all senior adults. Our guest this month will be Jennifer Effman, a trauma nurse representing Mercy Injury Prevention. The main focus of her presentation will concern preventing falls. Contact David Smith with questions, 881-7636.
* Women's Conference, "Jesus Everyday"
Mark your calendar! Friday and Saturday, March 27 and 28 at South Haven! Guest speaker Lisa Whittle. Click HERE for information and to register.
* Mom2Mom - Next Session is Friday, January 10, 9:25-11:30 a.m.
Ladies, join other moms in the Family Life Center for an uplifting and inspiring morning as we fellowship together. Mom2Mom is for moms with kids of ALL ages from babies to adults! Join us and embrace the person God desires you to be! The $50 fee is for the entire year (all sessions August-May). You may pay $25 each semester. Please REGISTER HERE (even if you have registered in the past) to let us know you'll be attending. NOTE: More moms are always welcome, but childcare for Mom2Mom is at capacity.
|Upward Basketball & Cheerleading in the Family Life Center
Eight-week half-court league for all K-4th Graders.
Games begin January 11.
for more info and to sign up.
* January is South Haven’s Month
Please bring a canned good to church for Grand Oak Mission. Collection chests are in the north hallway. Also, please consider being part of the 1000 Club by providing $1 each month for food for Grand Oak Mission.
* Are you interested in going on an International Mission Trip in 2020?
South Haven will be sending two international teams: Nicaragua and Brazil. If you have ANY interest in being a part of a mission team next year, please contact David Vailes, 881-7636.
Family Life Center
* Upward Basketball and Cheerleading for K-4th Grade
Eight-week half-court league! First games are Saturday, January 11, 2020. Click here for info and to register. Contact the Family Life Center for details, 877-9316.
SAFETY & SECURITY at SOUTH HAVEN
South Haven is a secure facility. What this means for you:
• All entrances to South Haven will be locked except during Sunday morning worship and Wednesday evening activities.
• The East entrance (church offices) is our primary entrance and may be accessed during regular office hours (M-F, 8am-5pm). This entrance is video/intercom monitored. Simply use the intercom to identify yourself and the door will be unlocked for you.
• The West entrance (Family Life Center) is video/intercom monitored at certain times, but not continuously. Please plan to use the East entrance during office hours unless otherwise directed.
• Ministry staff or program directors will communicate specific doors to be unlocked for meetings, special events and evening activities.
Thank you for your patience while we strive to ensure that South Haven remains a safe and secure place to Believe, Belong and Become.
Women's Conference at South Haven
$30 in advance, $35 after March 6
for information and to register.
(Schedule resumes January 8)
-- 5:30-6:30 --
Adults $5, kids $2 (max per family $15)
Handbell Choir Rehearsal
-- 6:00-6:30 --
Open Gym (for children only)
-- 6:30-7:30 --
Adult Bible Studies
-- 6:30-7:45 --
Worship Choir Rehearsal
-- 8:00-10:00 --
Worship Team Rehearsal
CLICK HERE for a complete schedule.
* Bible Study, "Hebrews" with Pastor Ryan
6:30 in Room 124
* Women's Bible Study: "No Other Gods"
6:00-7:30 p.m. in the Library. Facilitator, Debbie Butts.
* Women's Bible Study: "More Than Enough" by Jeff Iorg
6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Room 123. Facilitator, Robin Reed (begins 1/15)
* Wednesday Evening Family Meal, 5:30-6:30
Click here for complete menu.
Other Bible Study Opportunities
* Men's Bible Study, "Great Themes of the Bible"
Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. in the Library. All men welcome!
* Women's Bible Study, "A Closer Look at God's People"
Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. in Room 123 with Robin Reed. All women welcome!
How Can I Serve?
* Family In Need of a Car
There is a very needy and deserving family from Holland School in need of a car. If you have a car you can gift, please contact Robin, 881-7636.
* Are You Being Led to Join South Haven’s Security Team?
You will serve about one Sunday every three months. There are three members per team and duties are to be the eyes and ears of the church during service times. You will walk the church halls and parking lot to spot any potential problems and report them to the team leader or church administrator. This is a great way to serve at South Haven and no experience is needed. Please prayerfully consider serving. Contact Larry Roberts to join or to get questions answered, 417-881-7636. Thank You.
* Join Our Visitor Center Team!
Would you be interested in serving on Sunday mornings as part of our Greeters Team? Greet at the door, guide guest families, assist on the parking lot, more! Call the church office, 881-7636.
* Join Our Photography Team
If you have a camera and love to take pictures, please contact Chad Spencer or sign up in the church office, 881-7636.
* Got Tech Skills?
Do you have experience operating or want to learn how to operate sound, ProPresenter, or lights? Join our Tech Team! Contact Chad Spencer, 881-7636.
* Musicians and Vocalists!
If you play an instrument or sing and want to get plugged in to the Second Service Creative Team, please contact Chad Spencer or sign up in the church office, 881-7636.
Still More News
The Weekly Prayer Guide is available here.
* The Wednesday Evening Family Night meal menu is available here.
Update Your Own Church Profile
You Can Update Your Contact Information Online
1. CLICK HERE to go to the login screen.
2. Enter your cell phone number OR click USE EMAIL ADDRESS INSTEAD and click NEXT, then follow the prompts.
3. After logging in, click the face icon in the upper right and choose "My Profile".
Now you can be sure the church has all your current contact information. While you're there, click the Giving link and see how easy it is to donate online.
kingdom contributions - december 29
* Budget Offering: $59,653.30
* Year To Date Giving: $1,413,437.44
* Year To Date Budget: $1,410,000.00
* Capital Improvements (given to date): $570,824.98
* Lottie Moon Christmas Offering: $40,855.37
* Ready to start giving online? It's safe and easy. Just CLICK HERE.
weekly attendance - december 29
* Total Worship: 300
* Total Sunday School: N/A
See you Sunday!
South Haven Baptist Church
You can unsubscribe completely by clicking the link below and your email address will be removed from ALL South Haven email lists.