Sunday, January 12, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
In The Family Life Center
All families are invited to come celebrate the upcoming wedding.
Bring the kids!
You're welcome to bring cards and your favorite family recipe.
A gift card & money tree will be available.
Sunday Services During Inclement Weather
* In the event of severe ice, snow or other inclement weather, South Haven will not cancel but will have one worship service at 10 a.m. with no Sunday School or childcare. An announcement will be made by 7:30 a.m. on any Sunday impacted by weather. We will announce via our website, Facebook page, or you may call the church to hear the announcement on our answering message. Please use your best judgment before braving the elements and remember that you can always join the service in progress or later in archives via Livestream.
Preschool & Children's Ministry
* New Christian Class for Kids-Sundays, February 2-23
If your child is in First Grade or older and has made a salvation decision or is wanting to know more about salvation, please contact Terri, 881-7636. A celebration luncheon will be Sunday, February 23, at noon for the children, their families, and prayer partners.
* Women's Conference, "Jesus Everyday"
Mark your calendar! Friday and Saturday, March 27 and 28 at South Haven! Guest speaker Lisa Whittle. Click HERE for information and to register.
* Mom2Mom - Next Session is Friday, January 24, 9:25-11:30 a.m.
Ladies, join other moms in the Family Life Center for an uplifting and inspiring morning as we fellowship together. Mom2Mom is for moms with kids of ALL ages from babies to adults! Join us and embrace the person God desires you to be! The $50 fee is for the entire year (all sessions August-May). You may pay $25 each semester. Please REGISTER HERE (even if you have registered in the past) to let us know you'll be attending. NOTE: More moms are always welcome, but childcare for Mom2Mom is at capacity.
* TWO ways you can help our students in the coming months:
1. Weekly Breakfast Fund
We are supplying donuts for our students every Sunday morning. Our youth Sunday school teachers have been handling the costs related to breakfast, but with our growing youth ministry, we need some other partners to help provide weekly breakfast. The cost for one week’s breakfast is $30. If you would like to sponsor one or several weeks within 2020, please just mark “Youth Breakfast” on your donation and turn it into the office at any time.
2. Scholarships for Students
Many of our South Haven students struggle to come up with the necessary funds to attend our events. Our scholarship fund is low for those students in need, and we are looking for partners to help allow ALL of our students to attend our events without the worry of money. Students who are requesting scholarships will fill out an application, and a youth worker team will assign funds to those according to need. If you would be willing to help establish our scholarship fund for students, please mark your donation as “Scholarship Fund” and turn in your donation to the office any time.
* "I Love Springfield" Event, February 28-March 1, 2020
This is for our WHOLE church family! Want to be a part of serving shoulder to shoulder with your church family? We will be hosting a weekend-long event where we will serve our community! Cost: $25 per person covers a t-shirt and the volunteer costs! Students will stay in host homes for the weekend. You can register online NOW or register through the sign-up slip in the rotunda!
* High School Mission Trip, July 19-25, 2020
Cherokee, North Carolina with World Changers. Cost: $400. Deposits of $75 are due on March 8 with remaining funds due on July 1. You can register online NOW.
* Middle School Camp, June 7-13, 2020
Estes Park, Colorado with Student Life Camps. Cost: $400—Deposits of $75 are due on March 8 with the remaining funds due on June 1. You can register online NOW.
* Volleyball Camp For Grades 3rd-6th
Thursdays, March 5,12, 26, and April 2, 6-8 p.m. in the Family Life Center. $20 includes t-shirt. Sign up in the Family Life Center or click here. Contact the Family Life Center
for more information, 877-9316..
* Brazil Mission Trip, August 7-17, 2020
Cost: approximately $2500. Deposit of $250 is due February 1 with the remainder of the cost due in May. Register online now. Informational meeting: Sunday, January 19 at noon in the Library. Contact David Vailes, 881-7636.
* Got a Project You’d Like Done Before Spring Comes?
Our church is hosting I Love Springfield and we are looking for projects to help our church members or others that might have a need. If you would like to sign up for someone to help you with a project, please contact David Vailes, 881-7636, or sign up in the rotunda or the church office. All work will be accomplished on Sunday, March 1.
* January is South Haven’s Month
Please bring a canned good to church for Grand Oak Mission. Collection chests are in the north hallway. Also, please consider being part of the 1000 Club by providing $1 each month for food for Grand Oak Mission.
Family Life Center
* Volleyball Camp For Grades 3rd-6th
Thursdays, March 5,12, 26, and April 2, 6-8 p.m. in the Family Life Center. $20 includes t-shirt. Sign up in the Family Life Center or click here. Contact the Family Life Center for more information, 877-9316..
* Upward Basketball and Cheerleading for K-4th Grade
Eight-week half-court league! First games are Saturday, January 11, 2020. Click here for info and to register. Contact the Family Life Center for details, 877-9316.
SAFETY & SECURITY at SOUTH HAVEN
South Haven is a secure facility. What this means for you:
• All entrances to South Haven will be locked except during Sunday morning worship and Wednesday evening activities.
• The East entrance (church offices) is our primary entrance and may be accessed during regular office hours (M-F, 8am-5pm). This entrance is video/intercom monitored. Simply use the intercom to identify yourself and the door will be unlocked for you.
• The West entrance (Family Life Center) is video/intercom monitored at certain times, but not continuously. Please plan to use the East entrance during office hours unless otherwise directed.
• Ministry staff or program directors will communicate specific doors to be unlocked for meetings, special events and evening activities.
Thank you for your patience while we strive to ensure that South Haven remains a safe and secure place to Believe, Belong and Become.
Women's Conference at South Haven
$30 in advance, $35 after March 6
for information and to register.
-- 5:30-6:30 --
Adults $5, kids $2 (max per family $15)
Handbell Choir Rehearsal
-- 6:00-6:30 --
Open Gym (for children only)
-- 6:30-7:30 --
Adult Bible Studies
-- 6:30-7:45 --
Worship Choir Rehearsal
-- 8:00-10:00 --
Worship Team Rehearsal
CLICK HERE for a complete schedule.
* Bible Study, "Hebrews" with Pastor Ryan
6:30 in Room 124
* Women's Bible Study: "No Other Gods"
6:00-7:30 p.m. in the Library. Facilitator, Debbie Butts.
* Caring People Single Moms Group
6:30-7:30 p.m. in Fellowship Hall
* Women's Bible Study: "More Than Enough" by Jeff Iorg
6:30-7:30 p.m. in Room 123. Facilitator, Robin Reed (begins 1/15)
* Wednesday Evening Family Meal, 5:30-6:30
Click here for complete menu.
Other Bible Study Opportunities
* Men's Bible Study, "Great Themes of the Bible"
Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. in the Library. All men welcome!
* Women's Bible Study, "A Closer Look at God's People"
Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. in Room 123 with Robin Reed. All women welcome!
How Can I Serve?
* Wedding Coordinator Position
South Haven is seeking a wedding coordinator. If interested, stop by the church office or contact Karen Gordon, 881-7636, to receive a job description and complete an application.
* Family In Need of a Car
There is a very needy and deserving family from Holland School in need of a car. If you have a car you can gift, please contact Robin, 881-7636.
* Are You Being Led to Join South Haven’s Security Team?
You will serve about one Sunday every three months. There are three members per team and duties are to be the eyes and ears of the church during service times. You will walk the church halls and parking lot to spot any potential problems and report them to the team leader or church administrator. This is a great way to serve at South Haven and no experience is needed. Please prayerfully consider serving. Contact Larry Roberts to join or to get questions answered, 417-881-7636. Thank You.
* Join Our Visitor Center Team!
Would you be interested in serving on Sunday mornings as part of our Greeters Team? Greet at the door, guide guest families, assist on the parking lot, more! Call the church office, 881-7636.
* Join Our Photography Team
If you have a camera and love to take pictures, please contact Chad Spencer or sign up in the church office, 881-7636.
* Got Tech Skills?
Do you have experience operating or want to learn how to operate sound, ProPresenter, or lights? Join our Tech Team! Contact Chad Spencer, 881-7636.
* Musicians and Vocalists!
If you play an instrument or sing and want to get plugged in to the Second Service Creative Team, please contact Chad Spencer or sign up in the church office, 881-7636.
Still More News
The Weekly Prayer Guide is available here.
* The Wednesday Evening Family Night meal menu is available here.
Update Your Own Church Profile
You Can Update Your Contact Information Online
1. CLICK HERE to go to the login screen.
2. Enter your cell phone number OR click USE EMAIL ADDRESS INSTEAD and click NEXT, then follow the prompts.
3. After logging in, click the face icon in the upper right and choose "My Profile".
Now you can be sure the church has all your current contact information. While you're there, click the Giving link and see how easy it is to donate online.
kingdom commitments - january 5
* David & Teresa Warren - by Letter
kingdom contributions - january 5
* Budget Offering: $24,448.20
* Year To Date Giving: $24,448.20
* Year To Date Budget: $25,673.08
* Capital Improvements (given to date): $571,774.98
* Ready to start giving online? It's safe and easy. Just CLICK HERE.
weekly attendance - january 5
* Total Worship: 488
* Total Sunday School: 382
See you Sunday!
South Haven Baptist Church
You can unsubscribe completely by clicking the link below and your email address will be removed from ALL South Haven email lists.