The PROUD project aspires to make a difference in the integration process of all unaccompa- nied minors across Europe, by providing alternative solutions for their social inclusion and by offering the means to combat their institutionalization.
This ambitious aspiration starts with the four participating countries (Greece, Spain, Germany and the Netherlands) and aims to change the paradigm in all EU countries where unaccompanied minors reside- or sometimes struggle - in care institutions, getting prepared for their independent life after care.
In order to realize this aspiration, which will benefit both the minors and the hosting societies, the PROUD project needs your involvement and support.
- Are you a professional working with unaccompanied minors?
- Are you involved in the care system of your country?
- Are you a member of an NGO or a public authority dealing with issues related to the social inclusion of unaccompanied children?
- Are you interested in becoming a mentor for these children and guiding them towards adult- hood and independence?
- Are you a stakeholder or a practitioner in the field of alternative care and social inclusion who would like to share your views on the current situation?
If YES, there are plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in the project. You could:
- Be a part of the research activities and provide us with your thoughts on the integration services provided to unaccompanied minors in your country
- Share your educational needs on the deinstitutionalization process of unaccompanied minors
- Participate in the project’s training activities on alternative care practices, such as the Supported Independent Living scheme
- Become a mentor for one of the two hundred minors participating in the project to support their integration path, with a special focus on their employment opportunities.
Complex problems need bold solutions. You can make the difference!
Find out more about the project and the different ways you could support its goals at www.- careforminors.com