From the Desk of the Utility Clerk
WATER MAIN FLUSHING TO BEGIN ON JULY 19, 2021
Dear Water Customer:
As part of our plan to upgrade and maintain our water infrastructure to provide you with the cleanest water possible, we will be flushing the system in July. Flushing the water mains improves water quality by removing sediment that slowly builds up at the bottom of the water main over time. The sediment comes from an internal corrosion of the water mains over many years. It also allows for the inspection and repair, and maintenance of fire hydrants.
On Monday, July 19th through July 30th, the Water Department will initiate a two-week program to flush the water mains. Flushing the water mains from unwanted sediment is part of our water lines' regular long-term maintenance program. Weather permitting.
From July 19th to July 23rd – Flushing the Village of Tuxedo Park water lines.
From July 26th to July 30th – Flushing the Town of Tuxedo water lines.
There will be no flushing on Saturdays and Sundays.
Flushing will begin at 7:30 A.M. and end at 2:30 P.M. each day.
What about my Street?
Each day we will post a message on our answering machine (845-351-2777) to advise you where the program will begin on the following day.
Owners of rental properties should inform their tenants of the flushing program.
What can you expect?
- All customers will experience discolored water during the flushing periods.
- Customers living at higher elevations will have no water or low pressure during flushing hours on certain days.
What can you do to lessen the impact?
- Homes in the higher elevations may be without water past 2:30 P.M.
- If you have a household auxiliary booster pump installed in your home, we strongly advise you to shut it off manually during flushing hours. Otherwise, motor damaged may occur because it runs continuously to draw water that is not available.
- Use very little to no water during the flushing hours. Less water use will decrease the amount of sediment introduced into your household system.
We apologize for any inconvenience this will cause. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Do not use hot water during flushing hours. Sediment may enter your hot water system.
Deputy Village & Utility Clerk
845-351-4745, Ext 4