From the Mayor's Desk
Today the Village received a Report of Examination from the NYS Comptrollers Office. The audit period covered was from January 1, 2015 though May 17, 2017 (December 2017 for certain professional services). There were four areas in which the the Comptrollers office found deficiencies and made recommendations for improvement: segregation of duties, procurement polices, water billing and IT (Information Technology) policies. We are pleased to report, as we expected, that no instances of misappropriation or serious misconduct were discovered during the lengthy and in depth investigative process.
The Village has fully cooperated with the Comptrollers office and is committed to address any deficiencies. Corrective measures have already been taken to address many of the concerns in the Report. The measures taken and to be taken will be detailed in a plan to be provided to the Comptroller's office and to the public within the next 90 days.
A copy of the Comptroller's Examination Report will be available from the Village Office.
- This month's BOT meeting is Wednesday, November 14th @ 7:00 p.m. at the Village Office (rescheduled from 11/21/2018-Thanksgiving Eve).
- Village Annual Financial report for year 5/31/2018 – Filed with NYS Comptroller. Click to view: Annual Report to NYS YE 5-31-2018
- Holiday schedules for trash & recycling: Trash/recycling is not picked up on these 6 major holidays: Thanksgiving (on a Thursday), Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day (on a Monday), 4th of July, and Labor Day (on a Monday). There is pickup on all other holidays not listed above.
- The Wee Wah Lake Park is open to Village residents 365 Days/year. (Please clean up after your pets.)
- Visit the Village Website weekly for noteworthy information affecting you.
- Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes and Resolutions Click here