Writer Laurie Schreiber (MaineBiz), citing data from a recent Maine Office of Tourism virtual meeting, shared desires people are seeking in these unusual times:
- Safe and healthy environments as a "stress-reliever" in these tough times.
- Places and spaces for mental retreats, safe escapes, less crowed places.
- Locations that can fill both virtual work and creative schooling options.
- Natural beauty—cozying up indoors, outdoors for rejuvenation.
- Access to culinary experiences, coastal regions — in particular, northern rural counties.