Returning from Travel
For current information on COVID-19 in Muskoka, the Township of Muskoka Lakes has up to date information here
or follow Mayor Phil Harding's video blog here
. The District Website
also has a lot of helpful COVID-19 related resources.
Township of Muskoka Lakes Ward C Councillor and Friend of Muskoka Barb Bridgeman also prepared an excellent overview of COVID-19 related resources in Muskoka here
If you are considering travelling to Muskoka to self isolate, in addition to what Barb Bridgeman advised, we would like to remind you to keep a couple of things in mind:
Supplies and ICU Beds
Please remember that stores in Muskoka are likely stocked and staffed for normal demand this time of year, so consider taking supplies with you. Please also be aware of Barb Bridgeman's advice that there are only 8 - 10 ICU beds in total in the Bracebridge and Huntsville hospitals.
As per Ontario Public Health guidance, anyone returning from travel outside of Canada should:
- self-isolate for 14 days when they return. People who are self-isolating should stay at home and avoid contact with other people to help prevent the spread of disease to others in your home and your community.
- monitor themselves for symptoms of the COVID-19 for 14 days after returning to Canada
- contact their primary care provider or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 if they experience symptoms of COVID-19
Learn about travel advisories related to COVID-19.
- Workers who have travelled and are part of workplaces that are essential to daily living are able to return to work as long as they do not have symptoms. However, they should self-monitor for a period of 14 days and identify themselves to their employer so that a plan can be put into place to ensure the protection of those workplaces.
- Children under the age of 16 years who have travelled outside of Canada should also self-isolate for a period of 14 days. Parents should actively monitor their children's symptoms. Children who are self-isolating should stay at home and avoid social gathering points such as community centres or parks.