In compliance with the latest Mecklenburg County public health directive, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library is moving to reduced operations services January 15-February 2, 2020. During this phase, the Library is limiting its services to grab and go pickups of holds and mobile printing, along with returns at all branch locations, while programming continues online.
What to expect during the Library’s reduced service schedule:
• Customer holds will be available as grab and go at the front entrance of each branch. Materials can be reserved through the online catalog.
• Customers should contact their branch by phone prior to pickup to schedule a time slot. Find your branch location here.
• Mobile printing is available online and can be picked up at the front entrance of the branch like holds.
• Staff will complete the check-out of materials for customers prior to placing them at the front entrance.
• Staff will wear face masks/coverings and protective equipment. Masks/coverings are also required for customers.
• All material/book drops remain closed. Materials and books should be returned to the designated receptacles located at branch locations only during open hours. Signs will direct customers to the proper bin.
• Fines and fees are suspended.
• Facilities, restrooms and computers will not be open to the public.
All programming and events for children, teens, adults, Outreach and the Job Help Center have moved to online or virtual formats. See our online programming calendar. The Library’s online chat is available at cmlibrary.org - click on the “Ask a Librarian” button at the bottom of the screen. Telephone reference is available during normal operating hours at 704.416.0101.
The Library is always open online at cmlibrary.org.
For more information on our reduced services plan, click here.
Note: All Library branches will be closed on Monday, January 18, 2021 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.