Thanks to your support, the Mustard Seed has continued to offer meals every weeknight, and a food pantry on Wednesdays. Thanks for your help!
Even as the state begins to reopen, our changes will stay in place for the time being. We remain in frequent communication with the Department of Public Health.
- If you know someone who’s in need of food, we provide takeout dinners each weekday from 5:30pm-6:30pm. Thanks to the generosity of Creedon & Co., we have a giant tent setup outside. People who would like to eat their meal outside at the Mustard Seed are welcome to do so, as long as they maintain a safe distance from others, and wear a mask when not eating. The number of people in the yard at any one time is strictly limited. The vast majority of our guests are getting their meals to-go.
- The food pantry is open Wednesdays from 3:30-4:40pm. No paperwork or specific area of residence is required. The contents of this box of food vary depending on donations that week, but usually include things like canned goods, cereal, milk, and eggs.
- The Mustard Seed “Yard Team” is using this time to make improvements to the grounds. Things like leveling the yard, replacing damaged patio bricks, and replacing damaged wood. If you’d like to join the Yard Team, call Jerry at 774-239-4151.
- We have limited the number of people volunteering to serve the meal in the interest of safety. We have a few volunteer slots open: LINK. We also have volunteers coming by a few nights a week at 6:30pm to pick up trash around the neighborhood. If you have questions about any of these needs, call Mike at 508-499-9638.
- For more recent news of the Mustard Seed, see these features:
As always, we appreciate your support for the Mustard Seed, and your prayers for everyone facing homelessness, hunger, unemployment, and sickness in these tough times.