Updates will be sent out in emails, and posted to the website. Make sure to check back regularly. We plan to have any many events as possible in 2020, while maintaining safety for our community.
CONFIRMED RACES for 2020:
- Paddler's Challenge- July 19
- Soo Ultimate Canoe Race August 22
1. Virtual Races- As of today, there will be one virtual, and one actual event for July.
2. Tentatively scheduled races- the following are hopeful to get permits to host events
- Grayling Canoe Race July 18/19 in conjunction with the AuSable River Canoe Marathon Beat Andy Triebold handicap race
- Newaygo Power Paddle- August 15/16
- Mio "First Dam" Challenge- Possibly a Round Robin! August 29/30
- Tahquamenon Wilderness Canoe Race- September 19/20
- Battle on the Boardman- September
3. Paddler Clinics- We have had requests from members to put on a few paddler clinics. The board is working hard to put these together. Check the Facebook page, website, and newsletters to get the most up to date information!
Updates will be shared to Facebook, www.miracing.com, and in the MCRA email newsletter as quickly as we can get them out to you. Please direct any questions you may have to the comments, or message the MCRA page, or reply back to this Newsletter.
Anybody who is a member of the Michigan Canoe Racing Association can receive three months of Silent Sports Magazine. All you have to do is conatact Lynn Schoohs at715-258-4360 or schoohs@mmclocal, say they're from the MCRA and the preferred address of delivery, and they'll get free copies three months in a row. It can start with the August issue, or the September issue, or October . . . whenever a member would like to start this.
At least one Paddling Article (usually more) is featured per month- August is an interview with Steve Landick, September a piece on Mentorship in paddling, October a Michigan River Canoe Trip/Family Paddling day, November a GPS Gear Guide, and December how to incorporate non-traditional gym equipment to train in the off season AND hopefully an interview with another top paddler!