Sunday Service Follow-Up
December 12, 2021
Thank you for joining us today! Below are questions for you to consider related to today's message, "His Ways Are Not Our Ways" from Isaiah 55:8. We'd love to hear your feedback about how our service is going!
- What are you learning and experiencing of the heart of Christ during this Advent season?
- If you’ve been reading, Gentle and Lowly, what have you found memorable or helpful?
- Why do Isaiah 55:8-9 point specifically to God’s compassion?
- Where do you see God’s compassion in Isaiah 55?
- How is it different than, higher and greater than, our compassion?
- Have you experienced Jesus as the bread of life? As one who gives living water? When did that happen? Was it a one-time experience, or do you continue to experience this?
- How does the Advent of Jesus bring God’s compassion into view?
- Where are you most in need of a fresh experience of God’s compassion? How can Isaiah 55 help you seek that?
Coming This Week:
Songs from Sunday (Spotify Playlist):
- Missions Trip Interest Meeting: Today, we had an interest meeting about two short-term mission trips happening next year. There is an opportunity to go to the Dominican Republic in July to partner with Oasis Church and lead their Vacation Bible School (VBS) program. There is also an opportunity to go to Japan in November to run the VBS program for the church planting conference that the Sakaguchis are a part of. If you missed it, but would like more information, please contact Ellim Wegerbauer.
- 2022 Bible Reading Plan: One of the most important ways that a disciple can grow in their knowledge and understanding of God’s gospel is through regular Bible reading and meditation on Scripture. Reading the Bible each day helps us to know God better and renew our minds so we can think thoughts after him, and be transformed into his likeness. Click here to download the Bible Reading Plan for 2022 or pick one up at the Welcome Center!
Joy To The World - Jeremy Riddle
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Citizens & Saints
The Cradle and the Cross - Austin Stone Worship
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel - Paul Baloche
All Glory Be To Christ - Kings
How Great Thou Art - Paul Baloche
Next Sunday: To The Uttermost, Hebrews 7:25, Justin Pearson