Latest news from Savanna Therapies
Hope you have been keeping safe and well, and you are starting to enjoy a bit more freedom since my last newsletter. I must apologise for not issuing a newsletter in April. Life got a bit of top of me, and I was extremely busy with my other job due to the local and Police and Crime Commissioner Elections, plus my Indian Head Massage course ramped up a gear. I will tell you more about that later on in my newsletter. And of course, and more importantly, I reopened the doors of Savanna Therapies in April. It’s great to be back and it's been lovely to see so many of you.
Here comes the sun
Forever the optimist, I'm hoping summer is finally on its way after looking at the weather forecast for the weekend. And here are some top tips to boost healthy living this summer.
- Berry-licious: Berries are in abundance this time of year so why not give your diet a berry boost? Blueberries and blackberries are rich in antioxidants which may help prevent tissue damage and reduce the risks of age-related illnesses. Berries are also full of fibre which helps keep cholesterol low
- For your eyes only: Get yourself some protective eyewear. When outdoors, wear sunglasses that block at least 99% of ultraviolet A & B rays. Sunglasses can help prevent cataracts as well as wrinkles around the eyes
- Get physical: You can’t beat getting outside in the fresh air! Instead of going to the gym for your workout, try an outdoor activity such as hiking or walking, open water swimming, paddle boarding or running? I’m hoping to relive my youth and get some roller skates!
- Floss daily: We all know we are supposed to do it ever day, but if you are like me, you don’t always get round to it! I’ve just been to the dentist and was reminded that flossing reduces oral bacteria, which improves overall body health. So if oral bacteria is low, your body has more resources to fight bacteria elsewhere
- Pack your bags: Going on holiday helps you unwind. This year it might be hard to get abroad due to current restrictions but there are loads of great places in the UK to visit. I'm really lucky as I am heading off to Wales soon and can't wait to just relax and unwind. Holidays help to lower your blood pressure, heart rate and stress hormones such as cortisol
- Wear sunscreen: Did you know that skin can burn in as little as 15 minutes so make sure you protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Apply sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) that offers protection from UVA and UVB, at least 30 minutes before you go outside. And don’t forget your face!
- Drink lots: And I don’t mean sangria or prosecco! It is especially important to stay hydrated in the summer. Make a habit of carrying a water bottle with you during the day, drink from it and refill it often
Indian Head Massage Update
I'm really pleased to let you know I'm coming to the end of my Indian Head Massage course. Its been a fantastic journey. I have passed my practical assessments, written exam and submitted my case studies and coursework for marking. So, fingers crossed in the next few weeks or so I will be fully qualified and able to offer Indian Head Massage treatments to my clients. I have thoroughly enjoyed the course. I just love learning so much! I wish I had been like it at school!
Put a spring in your step
Why not put a spring in your step with a reflexology session as we say hello to summer?
Reflexology is all about bringing balance, harmony and a sense of wellbeing to the body and benefits may include:
- Reducing stress
- Improving the immune system
- Improvements to mood and wellbeing
- Relieving tension
- Rebalancing the whole person
- Clearing blockages and facilitating energy flow
- Improvements to circulation
- Increasing energy
- Helping sleep
Wishing you all a happy Bank Holiday weekend. Stay safe and well and enjoy the sunshine when it comes! If you haven’t seen my Facebook and Instagram pages please take a look and give it a like (if you do!)
Love Andrea x