Dear <<First Name>>,
Welcome to my monthly e-newsletter
Plans for the 29 storey hotel next to Westferry Station were submitted to the council in May. The public consultation has now ended, but you can still sign the petition against it by clicking here. I'll be presenting this petition when this application comes to the council's planning committee. You can also read my contribution to the public consultation by clicking here.
Highlights from June
- Meeting striking housing staff at Tower Hamlets Community Housing
- Crime and anti-social behaviour meeting with Mayor Biggs, the police, Chair of Limehouse SNT ward panel, the Chair of Limehouse Community Forum and council officers. You can click here to see the minutes and the agreed actions from this meeting.
- June saw the end of Ramadan and Eid. I was delighted to share iftars with many in the local community including the Limehouse Mosque as well as deliver Eid cards to many Muslim residents.
- Liaising with Tower Hamlets Homes, Tower Hamlets Community Housing and Newlon about issues in several blocks across the ward
- Met with SPLASH regarding the future of the after school play club. I also visited their Friday night project on Poplar High Street, which has been successful in reducing anti-social behaviour in that area.
- In addition to 82 West India Dock Road, I have been working with residents objecting planning proposals in Albert Mews and Limehouse Basin
- Several planning enforcement issues. Most notable on the riverside and on the Regent's Canal
- Met with Limehouse Social at the monthly market to support their summer school. Click here to find out more and RSVP.
Coming up in July
- Wednesday 25th July: Lower Regents Coalition monthly meeting
- Saturday 28th July: Limehouse Social Market and beginning of edible history Summer School
- Charity Streets of Growth have been commissioned by Tower Hamlets Homes to run outreach work for young people in Limehouse this summer, starting this week.
- I'll be meeting council officers and the Cabinet Member for young people about Limehouse Youth Hub. Watch this space for updates.
As ever please feel free to get in touch by emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping in to my surgery every Saturday at Limehouse Youth Hub from 12.30 to 1.30pm
Labour Councillor for Limehouse
P.S. I want as many people in Limehouse to know how I’m working for them. Please pass this email on to your friends and neighbours and encourage them to sign up for future