Dear <<First Name>>,
Welcome to my e-newsletter
I'm well and truly into the rhythm of being a local councillor as the training programme winds down. Thanks for all your continued support, please see highlights of my work since my last e-newsletter. As ever, please feel free to get in touch about any concerns or issues you may need help with.
- I met with Streets of Growth early in July to discuss the work the outreach work they are conducting in Limehouse this Summer on behalf of Tower Hamlets Homes (THH).
- Mini Holland Tour – I went on a tour of some of the ‘Living Streets’ installed by Waltham Forest with the Mayor and other councillors. Lots of food for thought, especially as I’ve received many informal complaints about traffic down Narrow Street recently.
- Met with the Royal Foundation of St. Katharine to view and discuss plans for their development next to Limehouse station.
- It was great to work with local residents to successfully oppose an unsympathetic development slated for Lamb Court and Albert Mews (Pictured Above). The council's Development Committee rejected the plan, but it will be coming back this month for review. Watch this space...
- I have now submit my petition against the proposed Development for 82 West India Dock Road to the council . I also met the developers with the Limehouse Neighbourhood Planning Forum to find out more about the plan and ask questions last week.
- I visited THH’s Limehouse-based anti-social behaviour team before a broad-ranged meeting with THH’s Community Partnership Manager
- After numerous complaints I ran a survey about housing conditions on Horseferry Road. I was pleased to meet with freeholder Newlon’s Directors of Housing to convey concerns directly. (Pictured below.)
Across Tower Hamlets
- Planning Permission was agreed for the regeneration of Chrisp Street Market and the surrounding area. This is good news for us in E14, but I’ll be keeping an eye on how this development unfolds to ensure public realm and housing investments are the best they can be.
- Brexit Commission launched – This is something I pushed for within the Labour Party during the election. I've already met with cabinet member in charge to discuss terms of reference and am working with others to see what impact modelling the council is doing/has done and what policy implications this will have. You can find out more by clicking here.
- Monday 20th August – Limehoust SNT Ward Panel at Barley Mow Veterans Club. Please email Chair Conor McDonnell at email@example.com
- Saturday 1st September - Barley Mow Estate 50 Years celebration
- Thursday 20th September - Strategic Development Committee at Tower Hamlets Town Hall from 6.30pm. I'm expecting the decision about 82 West India Dock Road to be made here.
Please note that I'm out of London on 8th and 15th September so my surgeries will be cancelled then. I'm on holiday from 10th - 18th September so please bear with me if you don't hear back from me that week. My next update will likely be at the end of September or early October.
Labour Councillor for Limehouse
P.S. I want as many people in Limehouse to know how I’m working for them. Please pass this email on to your friends and neighbours and encourage them to sign up for future updates.