Dear <<First Name>>,
Welcome to my latest e-newsletter
Firstly, Happy New Year. Apologies this email is a bit late coming - I've been ill this month (the perils of having only one councillor in a ward...) and I've been planning a wedding! My partner Alex agreed to marry me over Christmas and we're looking forward to the reception at Limehouse Town Hall later this year.
- The application to install five new pontoons on Limehouse Basin was rejected by the council's planning committee last Thursday. This came after significant concern from residents on and around the basin about loss of water space and pollution. Well done to everybody who made their voice heard.
- I have met twice with Tower Hamlets Homes (THH) and council officers about Malting and Brewster Houses in the past few weeks. The safety inspections have now been completed and THH are waiting for contracts for refurbishment work. Once these have been received, the process will begin for the council to release the significant funds needed for this. A public meeting will be held when this has taken place- around end the end of February.
- I met with the Canal and River Trust before Christmas to discuss several issues round the basin, including the proposed weekly market. This is is proposed to be starting in the spring.
In the Town Hall and around the borough
- The council published its draft budget over Christmas. This will shape cuncil service for the next few years. It is currently going through the scrutiny process before coming to full council at the end of February. You can read more about it by clicking here.
As ever please feel free to get in touch or come to my surgery, which takes place every Saturday from 12.30pm - 1.30pm at Limehouse Youth Hub.
- Limehouse Community Forum AGM - Today (Tuesday 29th January) at Barley Mow Estate TRA Hall from 7.30pm
Labour Councillor for Limehouse
P.S. I want as many people in Limehouse to know how I’m working for them. Please pass this email on to your friends and neighbours and encourage them to sign up for future updates.