Dear <<First Name>>,
Welcome to my latest e-newsletter
It's national Clean Air Day today and last year, Nitrogen Dioxide tests show an average NO 2 level around the Limehouse Link to be 114% above the annual Air Quality Objective, and the legal EU limit. NO2 levels were also 34% above the next highest location near the Blackwall Tunnel.
That's why Limehouse Lungs has been launched. This is a campaign to pull together all the work and gather support for the work being undertaken with the council and Greater London Assembly (GLA) to:
Click here to find out more, sign the petition and tell me your own ideas about how to tackle this problem.
- Install green spaces and green infrastructure (especially on Branch Road)
- Install more air quality monitors
- Improve traffic management in the area
News around Limehouse
- The anti-social behaviour walkabout took place on 13th May with 12 partners and 16 residents in attendance. A list of actions is now being progressed through the council in partnership with the SNT ward panel, with a list of completed actions to be published in August.
- The council have been enforcing against riverside developments breaking planning agreements by blocking access to the river. I understand how ASB concerns trigger this, so am happy to talk to directors or management companies about how this can be dealt with without resorting to these measures.
- Waste continues to be a pain with missed collections across several sites including Newell Street, Compass Point, Limekiln Wharf and Horseferry Road. Let me know if this has been a problem for you too.
- Three Colt Street has been resurfaced around Cyril Jackson’s north site. Other parts of this street will be resurfaced over the year.
- Consultation for a new cycle route between Victoria Park and Canary Wharf has opened. Hopefully it pulls a lot of the commuter cycle traffic off the canal and out of Ropemakers Fields. Click here to take part.
- I met with residents around Rectory Gardens park about tackling anti-social behaviour there.
Across Tower Hamlets
- Plans for Malting & Brewster House will be discussed by the council's Cabinet on Wednesday 26th June at the Town Hall from 5.30pm.
As ever, please feel free to get in touch or visit me at my weekly surgery between 12.30pm and 1.30pm at Limehouse Youth Hub.
- The Limehouse Social Market is taking place on the basin this Saturday, 29th June.
Labour Councillor for Limehouse
P.S. I want as many people in Limehouse to know how I’m working for them. Please pass this email on to your friends and neighbours and encourage them to sign up for future updates.