Dear members of Beloved Community Cville,
During this COVID-19 pandemic, we need more than ever to have each other’s backs! Below is a list of resources for those in need of support, and if you're in a position to help, please consider donating time, money, or materials. Take a look at SupportCville.com for ways to get involved.
Let's stay healthy and support one another as best we can during this unfolding, ongoing crisis.
Holding you in the Light,
Elizabeth Shillue and Michael Cheuk
“Our goal is to create a beloved community and this will require a qualitative change in our souls as well as a quantitative change in our lives.”
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Cville Community Cares COVID-19 Resources for those in need
Find more resources at www.supportcville.com
- Request Financial Assistance - (434)-234-4490, Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
- Request for pharmacy pickup - (434) 214-0454, bit.ly/cvilledelivery. *They have temporarily stopped taking new requests for grocery delivery and gift cards.*
- Health Department COVID-19 Hotline - (434) 972-6261, Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
- Shelter for Help (in emergency unsafe domestic situation) - (434) 293-8509
- Region Ten Emergency Services Hotline - (434) 972-1800, or text 741741
- Download flyer.
Join network: bit.ly/cvillecare2020
Donate to relief efforts: congregatecville.com
Get in touch: email@example.com
FREE food boxes
New Beginnings Christian Community, 1130 E Market St, has free food boxes for people in need. Please call ahead to reserve food boxes to be:
- picked up on Wednesday afternoons or Saturday mornings (call: 249-5691)
- delivered to those who can't leave their homes (call: 996-9137)
For crisis, please use:
2 Free COVID-19 Support Coaching Sessions
Michael Cheuk of Beloved Community Cville is offering 2 free coaching sessions between now and June 30 for those seeking a thinking partner to navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic in their congregations, their families, and their lives. For more information, visit Michael’s COVID-19 Support Coaching webpage.
Other Means of Support
For other means of support (financial, supplies, housing, food, etc.), please visit SupportCville.com.
UVA Medical Center Needs Blood Donations
Virginia hospitals are experiencing a severe blood shortage across the state. UVA Health encourages members of the community who are healthy & eligible to contact the American Red Cross <https://www.redcross.org/> to make an appointment to donate at one of their fixed locations.
Medical Supplies Needed
Our medical community is in dire need of supplies like face masks, gloves, household cleaners, etc. Please visit https://www.supportcville.com/equipcville to see what other supplies are needed and to donate!
Food Giveaway Volunteers Needed
Volunteers are needed Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, 9 am to 1 pm to pick up food from Walmart and Food Lion, and to shelve and pack food boxes. Please use this SignUp Genius to help with packing food boxes on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
Volunteers are also needed on Wednesdays, 1 to 4:30 pm, and on Saturdays, 9 am to 12 noon to pack and distribute food boxes. Please use this SignUp Genius to help with the Wednesday food distribution on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
Needs healthy volunteers to work at the food bank. See their statement on COVID-19 and their Volunteer page. To find volunteer opportunities, click on this link.
Grocery Delivery Drivers Needed
Charlottesville Community Cares is receiving about 45 new requests for grocery deliveries every day and they NEED HELP! If you feel comfortable and safe going into grocery stores and shopping on behalf of community members who cannot do so for themselves, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Grocery shoppers must be asymptomatic and in households where everyone is healthy. You can either donate the cost of the groceries or be reimbursed by PayPal or check within 24 hours of your delivery. You can set your availability, but grocery trips tend to happen once in the morning and once in the late afternoon/evening. Once you get in touch with the Cville Cares Grocery Team, they can get you started.
Support Maria Chavalan Sut & Sanctuary Fund
Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church has been providing sanctuary for Maria, an undocumented Guatamalan refugee, since 2018. Please continue to support Maria by contributing to her GoFundMe Fundraiser. Wesley Memorial is trying to raise $10,000 to support Maria's family as conditions worsen in Guatemala.
Visit/Subscribe to these congregation’s online pages for worship, studies, and/or devotions!
- All Souls Charlottesville - Facebook
- Baha'i of Charlottesville - Facebook
- Broadus Memorial Baptist - Youtube, Facebook
- Charlottesville Friends Meeting - Facebook
- Charlottesville Mennonite - Facebook
- Ebenezer Baptist - Youtube, Facebook
- First United Methodist - Youtube, Facebook
- Hinton Ave. United Methodist - Facebook
- Insight Meditation Community of Charlottesville - Facebook
- Islamic Society of Central Virginia - Facebook
- Mt. Zion First African Baptist - Youtube, Facebook
- New Beginnings Christian Community - Youtube, Facebook
- Oak Chapel Baptist, Orange - Facebook
- Peace Lutheran, ELCA - Facebook
- Peakland Baptist, Lynchburg - Facebook, Sermons
- Sojourner’s United Church of Christ - Facebook
- St. Mark Lutheran - Facebook
- Tabor Presbyterian - Facebook
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Unitarian Universalist - Online worship
- Trinity Presbyterian - Youtube
- University Baptist - Youtube, Facebook
- Wesley Memorial United Methodist - Youtube, Facebook
- Westminster Presbyterian - Online worship