NOMV Ambassadors launched on July 1, 2021 as part of the NOMV Education Committee. The mission of the NOMV Ambassador Program is to add local support networks to unite and support the veterinary community on a local level. Each local Ambassador Chapter will strive to:
- Reduce mental health stigma
- Identify, share, and collect resources of local support for those in need
- Increase awareness of the mental health challenges in our veterinary community and the difficulties of the profession
- Act as a source of support, networking, socialization, and education for our local veterinary community
- Introduce and launch new initiatives, events, and resources
This incredible new program was developed by a team of volunteers committed to expanding NOMV’s resources and peer-to-peer support to local communities, beyond the Facebook community where we originally started. Before long, NOMV hopes to see a chapter in every community hosting educational events about NOMV and cultivating a sense of community at a local level through wellness events and activities hosted by the local chapter.