*Ski Volunteers are always needed. Parents, please sign up with your students' teacher.
* THE SOLDIER HOLLOW SKI WAIVER NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED BEFORE YOUR CHILD CAN SKI. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
THIS WEEK is the first day on skis. The ski equipment is provided by the ski lodge (skis, ski poles, and ski boots). Students have to have a hat, gloves and long sleeves to be able to ski. Sun protection (sunglasses) and waterproof pants are highly recommended. Also, long socks to prevent blisters from ski boots. While some of our students have been skiing (and racing) for years, for others it will be their very first time. Students will be placed in multi-age groups according to their skill level and each group will have a ski instructor as well as a parent volunteer (you). If you would like to volunteer, contact your child’s teacher.
Parent Volunteers for SHCS Skiing
How you can help:
· Help students get skis, boots, and poles, get clothing on and get outside to ski.
· Help put equipment away when students return from skiing.
· Grab equipment yourself and ski with a group. Remember – you may not be able to ski with your child’s group. Volunteers need to be spread out amongst all the groups so please be flexible and go where there is a need (ask coach Mark if you are not sure). Please go with a group who’s level you are comfortable with. Also, remember this is NOT a lesson for you. If you are not comfortable on skis, there are other ways you can help in the ski lodge.
· While skiing, help students who might have fallen and keep an eye on the back of the group. You may also be asked to take a student(s) back to the lodge for bathroom breaks or potential behavior issues.
· Sign the SoHo waiver before you ski (the link is the as you signed it for your child).
· Each time you come to help you can get one “punch” on your volunteer card (please ask an instructor at the desk after each session; make sure you write your name on the card). After two punches, you will have earned a free day of skiing for yourself. You can come back at any time and present your card for a free trail pass and rentals.