As the year comes to a close, we wish you all a magical holiday season spent with family and friends, and much success in 2019!
In this month's newsletter, we want to provide you with a pre-Conference to-do list and remind you to nominate your peers for the Social Star Awards. We also want to announce our new conference app and remind you to request your customized Customer Service Surveys for the Champions Award, along with updating your member profile on the SSIA website and filling out the annual data questionnaire if you haven't already done so. We will also highlight a member, a partner and a sponsor.
If you have any questions or comments, or would like to be considered for a future Highlight opportunity, please contact Krissy at email@example.com.
~ Your SSIA Team
2019 SSIA Conference To-Do Checklist
Registration for the 2019 SSIA Conference in St. Petersburg Florida from February 19th-22nd is OPEN! We have a great lineup of seminars, revamped Social Star Awards, an exciting SSIA Challenge, and more! Be sure to take care of the following items:
1) Register for the conference - Don't forget to do this, even if you are using your one free conference attendee member benefit to attend. Click HERE to register.
2) Book your hotel room - Our room block is filling quickly, so hop on it. Enjoy our special rates when you book by January 17th! Click HERE to book your room.
3) Sign up for seminars - Some of our seminars have limited space, so check out the agenda to decide which ones you'd like to attend. You know what they say about those early birds! Click HERE to sign up for your seminars.
4) Submit Your Social Star Award Nomination(s) - The process is super easy and we're happy to help collect the details from the club you're nominating! The deadline is midnight EST on January 7th. Click HERE to submit your nominations.
5) Customize your Customer Service Survey - If you plan on participating in the Champions Award for the 2018 fiscal year, please contact Krissy Greenleaf at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to have your minimum responses submitted is January 21st. Click HERE for details.
6) Sign up for the Friday Night Social - If you are staying Friday night, please join us for a group Pedal Trolley! Tickets are $35/person and include 3 bar stops. Drinks are on you at the pub, but on us while we ride! Click HERE to pedal the night away!
7) Connect with your Team Challenge teammates - The Team Challenge won't just last for an afternoon at this year's conference! Points will be awarded throughout the conference week! We need captains for each team, so please let Krissy know if you'd like to step up to the plate to lead your team to victory! Click HERE to see the roster.
8) Stay tuned for more details about the SSIA Conference App - That’s right, the SSIA is launching a conference app for the first time EVER! You will now be able to customize your schedule and manage almost everything related to your conference experience from your smart phone.
For additional details about the conference, click HERE. Please contact Krissy Greenleaf at email@example.com with any questions.
Nominate Your Peers For A Social Star Award
This year, the awards ceremony is presented by Visit St. Pete Clearwater, and will be held at the James Museum on Wednesday, February 20th from 6-9pm.
We've made the nomination process easier, with a simple online form to fill out. If you have limited information about the club or person you are nominating, let us know and we will help fill in the details! Just email Krissy Greenleaf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award categories are:
1) Best Industry Collaboration - To include multi-club sponsorship programs, purchasing programs, events or other collaborations that may exist
2) Best Video Campaign - In-house i.e. produced by club employees that do not have a professional background in video production
3) Best Video Campaign - Professionally produced
4) Industry Impact Award - Given to the person(s) or organization(s) that has/have contributed the most to the industry in terms of knowledge share
5) Best Marketing Innovation - Social Media, experiential marketing, grass roots or other format
6) Philanthropy Award - Nominations from the general membership are welcome; however, this award will be determined by the EC
7) Product/Program Innovation - Given to the organization with the most innovative product, league or event offering
8) Legacy Award - For owners and staff that have served the Social Sports Industry for 10+ years (Benchmarks to be recognized every 5 years after Year 10)
9) Partner of the Year - Nominations from the general membership are welcome; however, this award will be determined by the EC
Click HERE to submit your nomination today...and don't forget, you are welcome to nominate your own club!
The deadline to submit your nomination(s) is midnight EST on January 7th. Membership voting will be held Jan 14th-23rd.
Email email@example.com with questions.
Customer Service Champions Award Survey
Our annual Champions Award provides an opportunity for your club to be recognized for outstanding customer service and for the industry to establish valuable industry benchmarks that members can use to improve their services.
Similar to past years, this award category is self-nominated. Members will nominate themselves by sending out a personalized customer service survey developed by the Executive Committee's Social Star Committee to their customers from the SSIA's Survey Monkey account.
Krissy will set up the survey and provide you with a link to send the surveys to your customers. All participants in the Champions Award then receive detailed data from their specific survey. Each Member's detailed results are private while select unidentifiable scores and benchmarks will be shared with the larger membership and industry and used to determine awards recognition.
Click HERE for details about how to participate and email Krissy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Don't Forget To Submit Your Annual Member Update!
It’s simple and should only take a few minutes to fill out. Keep in mind that this form asks about 2018 total stats and focuses on all the leagues, events and tournaments you offered (so be ready with basic reports on players/participants by sport/event for all leagues that ended in 2018).
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE - if your business owns/operates multiple clubs and/or separate markets, you will need to complete separate forms for each. For those with many clubs/markets, there is a way to enter this information in a spreadsheet that we can share (email email@example.com if you want to learn more about that).
What will the update be used for?
Build a better understanding of the SSIA/Social Sports Industry
Establish the SSIA as the go-to destination for information, trends and statistics about the Social Sports Industry
Create/iterate valuable internal member benefits i.e. industry reports, trends benchmarks and sponsorship opportunities
Grow awareness and external member benefits such as industry articles and PR efforts
Although the deadline was Friday, December 14th, we are still waiting to receive this information from several clubs. Remember, this is a requirement for all members and each member needs to fill out one form for each club/market they operate.
Please click HERE to start your Annual Member Update and contact Galen Beers at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, thanks!
Update Your Member Profile On SSIA.US
In order to have your Member Profile visible, please follow these step-by-step instructions.Without completing this important step, your club will not be represented on the Member page.
Jersey Club Sports had record-shattering attendance at their 7th Annual Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl earlier this month. They sold out a week before the crawl with 500 people. Due to the high demand, they allowed another 150 to register in person at a second location on the day of the event.
Owner, Deb Nexon, believes that the new VIP and GA registration helped to boost numbers. VIP attendees got the chance to arrive an hour early and received a free beer. "In total, I think we had over 750 people roaming the streets of Morristown in ugly sweaters," she said. "It may not seem like a lot of people in larger markets, but it was a lot of people for the town!"
Congrats, Deb, and keep those pub crawl numbers growing!
Along with providing sport and social clubs with solutions for program management, registration, payment, organization account management, content management and marketing tools, LeagueApps can also design custom sites for their customers.
Check them out at www.leagueapps.com and contact Asaf Winer at email@example.com for more information.
Earlier this year, we partnered with Baden Sports to offer our members some outstanding, wholesale pricing, plus free shipping on orders over $100!
For every ball purchased, the SSIA earns $2 as part of their negotiated residual program. So, not only are you getting amazing pricing as a member, but you're also helping to support the SSIA!
Log into the Locker Room to see our exclusive rates and instructions on how to access your member portal. Email Krissy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues setting up your account.
The Q1 National Quarterly Call will be held Thursday, January, 17th at 3pm EST. Call information will be available on Facebook and Slack soon.