Don't you feel that life can be hectic in the city? This is one of the reasons I took time off from work to study in Thailand. I wanted to isolate myself and take a breather from normal day-to-day distractions.
My curiosity in Thai bodywork began a few years after completing my first yoga teacher training in 2010. I even proposed a pay it forward/sponsor me to go to Thailand idea back in 2014 (it didn't work). Perhaps I was not ready for the demands the practice required at that time, but here I am now, loving the practice and the doors it continues to open up for me!
From my yoga teaching experience I knew that I wanted to get more comfortable handling and understanding bodies, mine in addition to others. Thai bodywork is a yogic sibling with similar roots and shared DNA, but with a different personality and expressive nature. I saw the potential in the practice to help a person move from disfunction to health in a rather quick and accessible way. This practice is also an expression to continue my personal study and approach with the mind/body connection from another angle and through a different lens.
What are some common benefits from a Thai session?
- Increased circulation
- Improved range of motion in and around the joints
- General and local pain relief
- The benefits of human touch
- A relaxed feeling in the body which helps facilitate a relaxed feeling in the mind
Here are two recent snippets of what people are saying:
- "My body felt so much more supple: aligned, pain free. My feet touched the Earth in a completely new way, so much more grounded and connected. I felt it immediately."
- "My hip still feels completely better. Ahhhh. Thank you so much."