Here are this week's events:
Saturday at 12:15 PM – 1:30 PM
Experimenting with one's life can allow to find better habits, and be more mindful about how we live our life.
I created a Facebook group, and posted various information on the subject here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LifeExperimenters/.
-The why and how of life experimentations: https://www.facebook.com/notes/life-experimenters/life-experimentation/209586913243867/
-Ideas for life experiments: https://www.facebook.com/notes/life-experimenters/life-experiment-ideas/209606706575221/
-Other resources: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LifeExperimenters/permalink/210054386530453/
On September 1st, we will meet to briefly discuss ideas for a life experimentation to do in September. We don't all have to do the same, and coming to the event doesn't commit you to anything.
Please arrive before 12:30. The event should only last about 30-60 minutes.
Saturday at 2 PM – 5 PM
Slate Star Codex is a blog on... well, a lot of things. Take a look: http://slatestarcodex.com.
This is the second edition of a (yearly?) event happening in local communities all around the world (https://slatestarcodex.com/2018/07/26/meetups-everywhere-2018/).
The Macroscope will be hosting the one in Montreal. Even if you've only read one article SSC, you're still very welcome to this event! So go ahead, and read one: https://slatestarcodex.com/about/ :) Suggestions of articles are welcomed in the comment section.
Mondat at 10 AM – 5 PM
Facilitated by Mati
The Macroscope is hosting structured coworking days each Monday. We find that having an intentional shared infrastructure of Everyone Doing Things Together can be quite positive for focus and productivity.
- We'll go around at the beginning of the day and ask people what they hope to get done for the day
- The day will be divided into periods of 50 minutes focused and quiet pomodoros alternating with 10 minutes breaks
- There will be a longer break for lunch
- There will be space for conversation or phone calls outside the co-working space
- At the end of the day, we'll take some time to discuss how successful people were at getting done what they intended to do, and consider ways to more closely align expectations with reality
- There will be continued implicit and explicit experimentation to figure out what aspects of an event like this are most effective!
Hope to see you there!