Apply for a grant through the Kickstart Scheme
- You can use the Kickstart Scheme to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. Updated 11 September with examples of what information applicants can provide to show the Kickstart Scheme job placements are new jobs.
Charity Bank COVID-19 Funding List -
As a result of the Coronavirus, many organisations are now in an extremely precarious position, often having to deliver additional services with fewer volunteers and staff members, while having to cancel fundraising activities. Here you will find a list of emergency funds for charities and social enterprises that are experiencing difficulties. It will be updated as new opportunities are identified.
Community & Third Sector Recovery Programme -
The Community & Third Sector Recovery Programme aims to support charities, community groups, social enterprises and voluntary organisations that are supporting people and communities through the shift from lockdown to recovery. As well as providing ongoing crisis support, they will be planning and implementing changes to adapt and thrive in a very different social and economic climate.
Launch Of £9k VSGWL Response, Recovery & Resilience (RRR) Small Grants Fund
- In partnership with Foundation Scotland, VSGWL is pleased to launch a £9k small grants fund to help community organisations respond to the challenges associated with accessing food, shelter or basic amenities. Grants of between £500 - £1000 are available from monies provided from the Resilience element of the Response, Recovery and Resilience (RRR) Fund.
National Lottery update regarding their Funding Programmes -
Like many funders our plans for 2020 have changed significantly as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year at the National Lottery Community Fund Scotland we were due to pause and redevelop our funding offer as it reached the end of its five-year cycle. The current funding programmes will remain open for an extra 18-24 months – however, we will adapt them as needed. We hope remaining open for applications means we can better support the sector through COVID-19. Some of our grants and funding will remain unchanged, and others will be adapted to be more focused on COVID-19 recovery, with shorter grants and quicker turnaround.
The Response, Recovery and Resilience Fund -
In partnership with the National Emergencies Trust, we're providing funding to support charities and constituted community groups that have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Our Response, Recovery and Resilience Fund launched at the end of March and by 1st November had distributed just over £6 million in funds to 1,180 charities and community groups the length of Scotland.
The Robertson Trust
- Following the launch of our 2020-30 strategy last week, we are delighted to now introduce our new funds. Scotland’s charities and community organisations will be able to access funding to support work which aims to alleviate the effects of poverty and trauma on individuals and communities across the country.
The Route to Green Recovery - Volunteering Matters Action Earth 2020 Grants now available -
Volunteering Matters Action Earth is now accepting applications for 2020. They will support local volunteers and environmental groups in carrying out work in local green spaces to rebuild slowly, steadily and safely while carrying out essential environmental work that benefits communities across Scotland.
A2E Vacancy Bulletin
– Latest Vacancy Bulletin from Access2Employment.
Asda to donate over one million meals to help the most vulnerable this Christmas
- This Christmas Asda are donating 1 million meals to help combat holiday hunger. Food grants of up to £1000 are available to community groups through the Asda Foundation, contact your local store for more information.
Blackburn Community Choices
- Live in Blackburn and want to have you say on how public funding in is spent locally?
Board Members needed for Community Action Blackburn
- Community Action Blackburn are currently looking for new volunteer Charity Directors. They are looking for people local to Blackburn who might be interested in supporting a community led charity in their local area. They would be also keen to hear from people further afield, particularly with financial knowledge.
Consultation Launch - Revision of the National Guidance for Child Protection in Scotland
- The Scottish Government is seeking your views on the revised National Guidance for Child Protection in Scotland which will replace the current National Guidance published in 2014.
Cyrenians OPAL Evening Group
– Evening online social group for 60+.
Employment Opportunity with CAB
– CAB are recruiting a Pension Wise Guidance Specialist.
Equalities Outcomes Consultation
- The Equality Act 2010 requires all public bodies (such as councils and the health service) to publish equality outcomes at least every four years. Equality outcomes aim to achieve specific and identifiable improvements in people's life chances, eliminate discrimination and foster good relations.
EVOLVE Employability Programme
is a new employability programme currently being delivered by West Lothian Council, Supported Employment Service and we are looking for Covid safe work experience opportunities
within the Voluntary sector. Both provider and participant will have the support of an experienced employment advisor during the placement. Interested then email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 07917 814 440
for more information.
Health and Social Care Report November 2020
– Report to the Executive of the Joint Forum of Community Council in West Lothian.
Kidzeco update on current services -
An update on the current services provided.
Mental health information for employers
- Information and guidance on looking after your employees’ mental health is available from Healthy Working Lives.
ODAP are looking to recruit new Trustees
– Exciting new opportunities have arisen for new Trustees to join Open Door Accommodation Project
OPAL Service Provision
– Helping older people in West Lothian stay connected in 2020
Org in the Spotlight - This months Org in the Spotlight is River Kids.
Westspace Newsletter - November Newsletter from Westspace.
WLFIN Team North Pole
- This year, West Lothian Financial Inclusion Network, are providing, through local health professionals and charities, child, and teenager ‘Christmas shoe boxes,’ to children and families most in need, throughout West Lothian. These children and families include those with disabilities, low income, and those families that have been adversely affected by the COVID pandemic. The ‘Christmas shoe boxes’ will be pre-wrapped in appropriate Christmas paper but will not be sealed so that the parent can check through the contents before they gift it to their children. The content of each box will be gender and age specific and filled with new items. The ages will be new-born to 16-year olds. If any of your clients who could benefit from these, please fill out an attached form for each family and submit them (as your group of forms if possible) between now and the end of November. We will attempt to have all your Christmas boxes ready for a single collection.
- Monthly Round-Up November.