Job Vacancy with Citizens Advice Bureau -
CAB are currently recruiting a Money Talks Team Advisor and Income Maximiser.
Charity Bank COVID-19 Funding List -
As a result of the Coronavirus, many organisations are now in an extremely precarious position, often having to deliver additional services with fewer volunteers and staff members, while having to cancel fundraising activities. Here you will find a list of emergency funds for charities and social enterprises that are experiencing difficulties. It will be updated as new opportunities are identifed.
Funding Opportunity for Dementia-Related Projects in the Lothian NHS Region
- The Life Changes Trust is currently offering small grants of up to £15,000 to projects in the Lothian NHS region which are supporting people living with dementia and/or unpaid carers of people with dementia. The deadline for applications is Friday the 4th of September
Independant Age Grants Fund - Round 3 -
Round 3 of the IA Grants Fund is now open, with the deadline for applications 9am on 11th September.
Tesco Bags of Help COVID-19 Communities Fund -
The Tesco Bags of Help COVID-19 Communities Fund is open for not-for-profit community groups to apply for an emergency £500 grant to support their work with vulnerable groups in the local community. It will support groups who are doing things differently or doing new things to support those needing help at this time.
The Response, Recovery and Resilience Fund - In partnership with the National Emergencies Trust, Foundation Scotland is delivering the Community Response, Recovery and Resilience Fund. The RRR Fund will support local charities and grassroots organisations across Scotland to help them respond to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic and recover from its impact.
The Route to Green Recovery - Volunteering Matters Action Earth 2020 Grants now available -
Volunteering Matters Action Earth is now accepting applications for 2020. They will support local volunteers and environmental groups in carrying out work in local green spaces to rebuild slowly, steadily and safely while carrying out essential environmental work that benefits communities across Scotland.
Third Sector Resilence Fund -
The Third Sector Resilience Fund (TSRF) is a £20m emergency fund for charities, community groups, social enterprises and voluntary organisations working in Scotland. The fund supports organisations that already deliver services and products but find themselves in financial difficulties directly as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. The primary intention of the fund is to help third sector organisations to stabilise and manage cash flows over this difficult period.
Access 2 Employment Support
- Access2employment has continued to work with clients throughout, all be it remotely. They have introduced a number of new services that may be of benefit to those seeking new employment opportunities.
Discount To VSGWL Members - Smile Counselling
is now offering a 10% discount to VSGWL & West Lothian Social Enterprise Network
members for the below course, starting on 24th August, 2020. This is a saving of over £100!!
FABB Club are Looking For A Vice Chairperson
- Bathgate Fabb Club are currently looking for a Vice Chairperson to join their board of trustees. The Vice Chairperson is an integral role within the community. The committee currently meets every 6 weeks online through zoom.
Love to Ride - Promoting Cycling in West Lothian -
Find out more about Love to Ride and how you can get involved in Cycle September!
Marie Curie Helper Service -
The Helper service operates in Edinburgh and Lothian, Glasgow and Dumfries and Galloway and matches trained volunteers with terminally ill clients and/or their loved ones to provide companionship and emotional support.
Masks for Sale -
MOOD are making masks with proceeds going to other charities.
Musical Memories Group -
Featuring music & singalongs, reminiscing, and a chance to make new friends.
Org in the Spotlight - This months Org in the Spotlight is the Supported Employment Service.
Real Life Options are Recruiting Volunteers in West Lothian
- Real Life Options are looking to recruit volunteers in the West Lothian Area with an interest in working with the people we support and carrying out activities involving very creative skills such as baking/cooking, Arts and Crafts and also music.
The Larder - Volunteer Drivers Required
- Would you like to help in the fight against food insecurity during Covid - 19? Since lockdown began The Larder Catalyst Kitchen aimed to deliver 2,000 meals per week to those in need throughout West Lothian. Fast forward a few weeks The Larder has exceeded that target and is now delivering 2,500 meals per week to the local community in need.
Upcoming Diabetes Scotland Events -
Diabetes Scotland is hosting a range of online events
Volunteer Club Secretary Required for Bathgate FABB Club
- Bathgate FABB Club are looking for an enthusiastic communicator to join their committee as Club Secretary.
Westspace Newsletter - August Newsletter from Westspace.
Women N2 Work - Wellbeing Workshop -
Women N2 Work are running an online course via Zoom on 26th August 10am – 12pm every Wednesday and Thursday for 6 weeks. The course is aimed at individuals who would like to move on and think about entering into employment but don’t know where to start.