£1 Million ‘Scotland Loves Local’ Fund Launched - Fund will provide grants of between £500 and £5,000 to hundreds of projects to promote town centre and online businesses. The funding aims to support small scale improvements that will help motivate people to shop, eat and relax within their community whilst ensuring public health safety. Grants can be put towards providing safe shopping information for residents and tourists, the installation of public health infrastructure such as protective screens, physical distancing markers, hand sanitising equipment and PPE.
Apply for a grant through the Kickstart Scheme
- You can use the Kickstart Scheme to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. Updated 11 September with examples of what information applicants can provide to show the Kickstart Scheme job placements are new jobs.
Charity Bank COVID-19 Funding List -
As a result of the Coronavirus, many organisations are now in an extremely precarious position, often having to deliver additional services with fewer volunteers and staff members, while having to cancel fundraising activities. Here you will find a list of emergency funds for charities and social enterprises that are experiencing difficulties. It will be updated as new opportunities are identified.
Community & Third Sector Recovery Programme -
The Community & Third Sector Recovery Programme aims to support charities, community groups, social enterprises and voluntary organisations that are supporting people and communities through the shift from lockdown to recovery. As well as providing ongoing crisis support, they will be planning and implementing changes to adapt and thrive in a very different social and economic climate.
Funding for Community-Based Organisations to Tackle Climate Change
- The Community Climate Asset Fund (CCAF) is a £3.5 million Scottish Government fund, administered by Keep Scotland Beautiful, and provides capital funding for community-based organisations to tackle climate change.
Macmillan Community Grants
- Macmillan are launching a community grants programme today. Organisations are asked to apply for small grants of up to £500 to work in their local community to support people with cancer. Please see the poster below for more details.
National Lottery update regarding their Funding Programmes -
Like many funders our plans for 2020 have changed significantly as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year at the National Lottery Community Fund Scotland we were due to pause and redevelop our funding offer as it reached the end of its five-year cycle. The current funding programmes will remain open for an extra 18-24 months – however, we will adapt them as needed. We hope remaining open for applications means we can better support the sector through COVID-19. Some of our grants and funding will remain unchanged, and others will be adapted to be more focused on COVID-19 recovery, with shorter grants and quicker turnaround.
Tesco Bags of Help COVID-19 Communities Fund -
The Tesco Bags of Help COVID-19 Communities Fund is open for not-for-profit community groups to apply for an emergency £500 grant to support their work with vulnerable groups in the local community. It will support groups who are doing things differently or doing new things to support those needing help at this time.
The Response, Recovery and Resilience Fund - In partnership with the National Emergencies Trust, Foundation Scotland is delivering the Community Response, Recovery and Resilience Fund. The RRR Fund will support local charities and grassroots organisations across Scotland to help them respond to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic and recover from its impact.
The Robertson Trust
- Following the launch of our 2020-30 strategy last week, we are delighted to now introduce our new funds. Scotland’s charities and community organisations will be able to access funding to support work which aims to alleviate the effects of poverty and trauma on individuals and communities across the country.
The Route to Green Recovery - Volunteering Matters Action Earth 2020 Grants now available -
Volunteering Matters Action Earth is now accepting applications for 2020. They will support local volunteers and environmental groups in carrying out work in local green spaces to rebuild slowly, steadily and safely while carrying out essential environmental work that benefits communities across Scotland.
West Lothian Council Third Sector Community Fund
- West Lothian Council has announced a £400k fund
for help voluntary organisations support vulnerable communities.
A2E Vacancy Bulletin
– Latest Vacancy Bulletin from Access2Employment.
CAB West Lothian Annual General Meeting
- We would be delighted if you can attend the Bureau’s AGM on Wednesday 11th November at 6pm. Given the current restrictions this meeting will be over zoom. The meeting should not last any longer than 30-40 mins and will give the Bureau an opportunity to present their annual report – but more importantly to set out our plans for the future which of course deals with issues surrounding the impact COVID has had and will continue to have on our clients. Please RSVP
by Friday 6 November so we know to send you the zoom link.
Community Planning & Regeneration Bulletin
- Funding Special October 2020.
Consultation Launch - Revision of the National Guidance for Child Protection in Scotland
- The Scottish Government is seeking your views on the revised National Guidance for Child Protection in Scotland which will replace the current National Guidance published in 2014.
EVOLVE Employability Programme
is a new employability programme currently being delivered by West Lothian Council, Supported Employment Service and we are looking for Covid safe work experience opportunities
within the Voluntary sector. Both provider and participant will have the support of an experienced employment advisor during the placement. Interested then email: email@example.com
or call 07917 814 440
for more information.
Mental health information for employers
- Information and guidance on looking after your employees’ mental health is available from Healthy Working Lives.
ODAP are looking to recruit new Trustees
– Exciting new opportunities have arisen for new Trustees to join Open Door Accommodation Project
- Cyrenians OPAL October Newsletter.
OPAL Service Provision
– Helping older people in West Lothian stay connected in 2020
Org in the Spotlight - This months Org in the Spotlight is Re-engage.
Training Providers Collaboration
- The Larder is a Third Sector Training Provider in West Lothian offering a range of training and employability programmes for disadvantaged young people and adults. Like most training providers we face many new challenges in addition to ones that were there prior to Covid. During the past 7 months we have been focussing on how we develop blended learning opportunities for our students whilst ensuring that the organisation is resilient and sustainable.
TSI Covid-19 Full Impact Survey
- Third Sector Interface (TIS) in depth analysis of Covid-19 impacts
- November Workshops
Westspace Newsletter - October Newsletter from Westspace.
WLFIN Team North Pole
- This year, West Lothian Financial Inclusion Network, are providing, through local health professionals and charities, child, and teenager ‘Christmas shoe boxes,’ to children and families most in need, throughout West Lothian. These children and families include those with disabilities, low income, and those families that have been adversely affected by the COVID pandemic. The ‘Christmas shoe boxes’ will be pre-wrapped in appropriate Christmas paper but will not be sealed so that the parent can check through the contents before they gift it to their children. The content of each box will be gender and age specific and filled with new items. The ages will be new-born to 16-year olds. If any of your clients who could benefit from these, please fill out an attached form for each family and submit them (as your group of forms if possible) between now and the end of November. We will attempt to have all your Christmas boxes ready for a single collection.
- Monthly Round-Up October.
Women N2 Work
- November Workshops