SHIFT ZERO UPDATES AND WAYS TO ENGAGE
Shift Zero is developing a strategic plan in the coming months to look holistically at what we need to accomplish together, and the role Shift Zero should play in that work. If you are interested in participating please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Shift Zero Electrification Task Force
At the May 7 meeting, members unanimously supported initiating a Shift Zero Electrification Task Force. Steve Gelb from Emerald Cities Seattle will be leading this effort, and all are welcome to participate. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Building Energy Code Advocacy - Mark your Calendars!
The Washington State Energy Code is being updated now, and the State Building Code Council will hold public hearings on the proposed changes in the summer and fall. Public comment is encouraged: in person, by phone, and in writing. The Shift Zero Roadmap Task Force will provide updates and suggested talking points as these dates get closer. Contact email@example.com
if interested in participating.
- July 12 (Olympia: Commercial Energy Code)
- September 13 (Spokane: Residential Energy Code)
- September 27 (Olympia: Residential Energy Code)
The Washington State legislative session ended on April 28.
Many of the bills that passed the legislature will have a rulemaking process. Shift Zero will watch for opportunity for input and share them with you as they become available.
- Front & Centered summarized the session from an equity and climate justice perspective in this post.
- The NW Energy Coalition prepared a detailed summary of eight of the climate bills that passed the legislature and next steps in rulemaking, including on HB 1257.