KIF Prize 2021 - call for nominations
The KIF Prize is awarded annually to raise awareness about the importance of women in physics. The prize should help identify female physicists as role models at universities as well as at high schools and in society and business.
Who can be nominated?
Any candidate who is working within the physical sciences (physics, engineering) and has distinguished herself within one or more of the following areas:
The candidate must either be Danish or residing and/or working in Denmark.
- A young woman (pre associate professor level) who shows a potential or has made remarkable contributions within physics research.
- A woman who shows extraordinary dedication within physics teaching.
- Candidates for the award may be nominated by a boss, supervisor, mentor, colleague, student or fellow student
- Nominations are to be sent to email@example.com
- Nominations are to be received at the latest 12.00 on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021.
- Nominations should contain:
- Motivation letter (maximum of 2 pages)
- Candidate’s CV including name and contact information (maximum of 1 page)
The motivation letter should emphasize why the candidate is considered a role model and could include academic achievements, work-related achievements, dissemination and outreach efforts, volunteer work within the physics community etc.
All candidates will be assessed by an external committee consisting of
- Associate Professor Tina Hecksher, RUC
- Head of IP management Karin Nordström Dyvelkov, GEA Group
- Vice Institute Leader/Associate Professor Mads Toudal Frandsen, SDU.
Questions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be answered by a member of the KIF board. The winner will be notified in writing (by email) and her name will be announced at the KIF annual meeting on October 13th, 2021 (venue to be announced) where the award ceremony will take place.
The winner will be invited to give a talk at the annual meeting.
Please let us know if you would like to receive a copy of this call for nominations in Danish or English. The announcement can also be found on our website.