Season’s greetings from Sande School of Horsemanship!
Thank you for your support through this transformative year at Sande! With help from our generous donors, volunteers, staff and clients, we have reached more people than ever before with accessible equine programs focusing on life skill development for all individuals, including at-risk youth and people of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
In 2019, Sande School of Horsemanship:
- Served 150 individuals, including 35 at-risk youth and 40 students with intellectual and developmental disabilities through multiple therapeutic horsemanship programs.
- Began the process to become a Service Provider for clients of the Amani Center. We anticipate serving our first Amani students in January 2020!
- Completed ADA modifications to create a more accessible equine facility and broke ground on an ADA Accessible bathroom.
- Expanded our Level 1 Youth Leadership Program and broadened the curriculum to include more positive goal-setting techniques and mental health supports for youth facing behavioral health challenges.
- Received generous grant funding that will allow us to serve more youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as youth and family members facing mental health hardships in 2020.
We have even more exciting projects on the horizon for 2020 and need volunteer support more than ever before. Please let us know if you are interested in supporting our growth with any of the following:
- Assist riders with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health diagnoses during field trips to the facility and/or during weekly lessons (training provided)
- Help plan the Boot Scootin’ Benefit fundraiser, taking place on Saturday, May 30th
- Facility maintenance and improvements
By committing some of your time, you could help make a big difference in the lives of your community members! Please contact Sarah Frobisher at email@example.com
if you are interested in learning about volunteer opportunities. Or if you would like to show support for our programs in the form of a tax-deductible donation, your contribution would help our community’s underserved populations access therapeutic horsemanship.
We sincerely thank you for your participation in 2019 and look forward to spending 2020 with you!
Kassi Euwer, Executive Director