A Few Thoughts on this Bug
The good news: We should only need to adjust our lives for a few weeks.
The bad news: We really should adjust our lives. We are not stronger than this microbe. Let's do what we can to keep it out of the building.
- Stay home -- especially if you're over 60. It's a great time to clean out that closet, binge watch some TV, read a book ... remember books?!
- Wash your hands ... really really really wash them.
- Stay in touch with people electronically ... not face to face.
- Minimize the use of common areas in the building. Keep your distance from others.
- Grocery stores will probably take awhile before they rebound from panic buying so plan accordingly.
- Go for a walk! It's springtime.
How You Can Help:
- A group of hardy volunteers has made plans to wipe down the elevator and door handles during the day. Thank you guys for helping out. You can help out too if the mood strikes you.
- We will post a volunteers list on the office door by Monday. If you're strong, we might be able to use your muscles.
- We may need help with chasing down groceries for some people.
- Please let me or any board member know if you could use a hand during this time.
Gary Jugert, Lanai Condominiums
- At this moment, we have plans to do some work in the basement on the boilers, but we anticipate it will have no significant impact on our lives.
- At this moment, our elevator repair schedule has not changed. I will let you know if the contractor needs to modify their schedule, but unless I tell you otherwise, we'll begin on March 23rd.