Dear <<First Name>>,
A 'By The WEY' Express...
Who'd be a Prime Minister...
Surrey will be in Tier 4 from 00:01 Sunday so would members please be kind enough to note the following:
All rowing members
- The Club remains open for personal exercise with severe restrictions
- British Rowing advice is 1x and household only in 2x/- effective immediately
- No large boats; all such bookings have been cancelled and the ability to book the same has been removed
- Booking slots at bit.ly/ANewWEYToBook have been changed to 15 minutes duration to provide a better buffer between people boating. If you have a booking, please review it and note your time may have been 'shuffled'. If you don't need your slot, please remove it
- Be sure to refer to the latest December 1st Risk Assessment Guidelines for Boating: bit.ly/WEYBoatingRA
- Don't forget to disinfect your equipment before and after.
- Maximum of 2 people boating at any one time
- Maximum of 4 boats per coach at any one time. Rowers are expected to be able to boat unaided, and coaches should keep their distance
- Launches can be used but protective equipment such as masks should be worn when near crews
- There will be no large organised sessions for anyone including time trial or group sessions.
Use of premises
- The rule of six is now the rule of 1 - so no socialising... sorry
- The Clubhouse is out of use
- Ergos may be used outside only if dry. If wet, go for a muddy run or something!
- Face coverings are to be worn on the premises unless ergoing or rowing please, per my earlier request - voluntary, but why wouldn't you?
- Consider making your outing shorter in duration
- Please do as much as you can to protect yourselves and others, not as little as necessary
- Consider also how any actions you take will look to outsiders and the community
- For the Government to make a massive U-turn like this they must have some serious concerns. The new strain of the virus sounds extremely serious; lets be positive about cutting down unnecessary contacts before Christmas
- Do not travel between areas of different tiers. This means not, for example, from London or any county outside Surrey.
- Special group sessions for juniors next week are cancelled (the weather looks naff anyway). If small sessions are arranged your coach will advise to ensure a covid-secure environment
- Juniors, please be particularly careful about close contact situations. Remember, if one of you catch the virus it's likely it will spread and we could end up having to close the whole club for a long period.
Thank you for your kind attention.