What to expect in active work zones:
- Lots of construction activity including jackhammering, large trucks, machines, noise, dust, asphalt odors, and vibrations
- Traffic delays as construction vehicles enter or exit the work zone. For the safety of our crews, please drive carefully and watch your speed through the construction zone.
- Advanced notice for temporary closures of driveways
- Uniformed police officers or flaggers will typically be onsite
- Typical work hours from 7 AM – 7 PM
- Sidewalk and crosswalk detours. Please follow posted detours for people walking when you see them.
Keeping in touch
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the project outreach team should you have any questions or concerns – you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-900-8734.
SW Seattle Paving: 35th/ Avalon Outreach Team
Seattle Department of Transportation
AvalonPaving@seattle.gov | 206-900-8734