Hi, <<First Name>>!
I know I was supposed to send this edition much earlier but I couldn't. I'm currently taking a break and in Dubai. Hence couldn't able to work. :(
If you are here as well let's catchup. :) Hope you are having a great day.
This is the 2nd digest. Here are some updates and tips.
1. Now that Blockchain/crypto communities are increasing here's a quick article explaining the basics of crypto community - The Fundamentals of Crypto Community Management. It's not necessary that this applies only to crypto communities, there are good pieces which you can pick from this to start a community.
2. If you're into SEO and online community building/marketing then you should speak at MozCon. Want to Speak at MozCon 2018? Here's Your Chance – Pitch to Be a Community Speaker! Submissions close on Sunday, April 22nd. Ssshh! You've got less time. Do it now.
3. Most of the community managers get confused with an online, offline community and how to start one, what platforms to choose, how to select top contributors of the community, how to convert the lurkers, etc. Here's a great piece explaining the same - Building an online community
4. In recent weeks we've all been hearing about Facebook & what happened through Cambridge Analytica. This piece by Carrie Melissa Jones explains why a platform isn't a community and key differences between communities and platform.
5. [Podcast] Building a community that won't cash out with Eric Martindale founder of RPG, an online community of game designers, world builders, and storytellers entering its 14th year of independent operation. Eric has been a software engineer, entrepreneur, and community manager for over 15 years, building software for startup companies in a wide number of industries. Discussion on -
* The ups and downs of managing one community for 14 years
* How the RPG community deals with wordiness
* Three things that every community manager should know about blockchain
6. Quick heads up - there' s less than four weeks until early bird pricing ends for CMX Summit 2018 tickets, which are available until May 12th or until they sell out. Buy your tickets.
FYI - If you are interested and excited to work with a Venture Capital firm then you should apply to First Round. They are looking to hire a community manager. More details on the job board.
Latest jobs added are from Wikimedia, Microsoft, Niantic, WeWork, AOL, Improbable, Adobe, Cisco and more. Head over to Community Manager Jobs and apply. Share it with your friends who are on the lookout for opportunities.
We love hearing from you all. If you come across any interesting article, do share and I will make sure to plug it in the next newsletter. Keep the feedback coming. 🙏
P.S. We have created a Telegram channel where there are quick updates everytime new jobs are added. Don't miss out. Join now.