The Rio Crossing Homeowners Association bylaws require the Board of Directors to set the dates, times, and locations of regular board meetings and of the annual member meeting. Historically our meetings have been held on Thursdays, and in the past two years or so, on the fourth Thursday of the month.
At the June 2019 meeting, the Palm Valley Community Center -- where our meetings have been held in recent months -- informed the board that they would not be able to accommodate Thursday evenings starting in August. Tentative discussions were held at the June meeting regarding the regular board meetings after August, and the September annual meeting. Unfortunately, there was not a quorum (enough board members to conduct an official meeting) at the July regular board meeting.
In order to finalize the decision of "fourth Wednesday" for the August regular board meeting and Wednesday September 25 for the annual meeting, a special meeting of the board is necessary to make the "official" selection of these dates. It is anticipated that this will be a brief meeting off 15-20 minutes.
The Rio Crossing Board of Directors will attempt to conduct a special board meeting telephonically on Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 6:30pm
In the event that a quorum is unable to be established during the conference call on August 1 by 6:45pm, the board will make another attempt to conduct the special board meeting telephonically on Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 10am.
The special meeting is called for the limited purpose of deciding the following:
This meeting announcement covers both the first planned meeting and the possible backup meeting, if the first meeting cannot complete the business required. If the business is complete at the first meeting, the second meeting will not be conducted.
- The dates of regular board meetings beginning in August 2019.
- The date, time, and place of the annual meeting in September, 2019.
A hard-copy of the information in the electronic notice will also be posted at the bulletin board located at the corner of Roma and 123rd.
As with all association board meetings, homeowners are invited to participate. (See ARS 33-1804 regarding state statutes on HOA open meetings.) If you wish to listen in to the meeting or express your opinion at the appropriate time, please use the Participation Instructions below.
Those using the URL below or the Ring Central Meeting app may be able to view video that includes the agenda and motions being considered.
A conference calling service from RingCentral will be used.
Topic: Rio Crossing Special Board Meeting
Time: Thursday Aug 1, 2019 6:30 PM Arizona
or backup time: Saturday Aug 3, 2019 10:00am
Meeting ID for both meetings: 480 378 3221
To participate only via phone/audio:
To participate via audio & video, or by computer audio only:
- Dial 480-447-1881 and immediately choose option 9 to be connected to the Ring Central Meeting Service (option 9 is not listed on the phone menu)
- At the meeting ID prompt enter 480 378 3221
- At the participant ID, simply wait to be connected
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android with browser: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/4803783221
- You will be taken to a free application to install. If you are installing this app for the first time, we recommend you begin this process several minutes in advance of the meeting time.
- Familiarize yourself with the Mute/Unmute controls and other options as appropriate.