Monthly Meetings Round Up
Governing Board -- March 5, 2018
- New Board Member, Scott Graham, voted to the Governing Board. Scott will fill Public Hospital Seat 2, following Kevin Abel's resignation.
- Governing Board members, Kevin Abel and Kayla Downs, resigned from Board, effective March 2018. Happy trails, Kevin and Kayla!
- New Board Member, Rosalinda Kibby, voted to the Governing Board. Rosalinda will fill the previously open Board seat for the Grant County Coalition for Health Improvement (CHI)
- Board decided to adopt Finance Committee.
- Board moved to accept minutes from February, approved.
- Board moved to accept updated financial statement, approved.
- Board moved to accept Intergovernmental Transfer (IGT) Funding strategy to align with other ACHs statewide, approved.
- Board moved to adopt increased funding and allocation structure for the Regional Opioid Stakeholders Workgroup, approved.
- Updates to Executive Committee:
- Dr. Rick Hourigan elected as Vice Chair of the Board
- Brooklyn Holton elected as Secretary of the Board
- Next meeting: April 2, 2018
Whole Person Care Collaborative
- March meeting was cancelled
- Next meeting: April 2, 2018
WPCC Workgroup -- February 20, 2018
- The WPCC Workgroup convened for the first time on February 20
- This is a subset of the Whole Person Care Collaborative, and consists of a small group of technical experts who provide ongoing guidance and advice especially around the planning and implementation of our Bi-Directional and Chronic Disease projects
- Discussion: Review WPCC Change Plan template (for the WPCC Learning Community)
- Workgroup focused on the Bi-Directional Integration and Chronic Disease sections of the change plan
- Group recommendation to add depression (in addition to diabetes, respiratory issues, and heart disease) to the list of chronic conditions that the WPCC Learning Community will focus on addressing as a region
- Group reviewed performance measures released by the Health Care Authority (HCA) and were strongly supportive of NCACH's plan to draw on accountability measures for the change plan template that are already being tracked by provider groups
Next meeting: TBD
Pathways Community HUB -- February 23, 2018
- Inaugural Pathways Community HUB Workgroup meeting
- Overviews provided by Senator Parlette (NCACH), Dr. Sarah Redding (Pathways Community HUB Institute), Adam Boar (Care Coordination Systems), and Kathy Burgoyne (Foundation for Healthy Generations)
- Discussion: Care Coordination across NCACH
- Target population needs to be determined by Workgroup (the HUB model was founded to reduce visits by high Emergency Department (ED) utilizers by providing access to other critical services)
- Geographic area: Should the HUB begin in one county and spread out, or start across all four? To be determined by the Workgroup
- Discussion: Workgroup process and identifying a lead agency to host the HUB
- Workgroup will develop a Request for Proposals (RFP) for local organizations to apply to become the Pathways Community HUB lead agency
- More data to be shared, as it pertains to clients already enrolled in local Health Homes program versus clients who may be eligible for the HUB
- Next meeting: March 28, 2018
Opioid Project -- February 16, 2018
- Discussion: How does the Regional Opioid Project fit within the NCACH Transformation, and how does it interact with other opioid stakeholder groups across the 4 counties?
- The Opioid Project Workgroup helps decide how Medicaid Transformation funds will flow from NCACH to other opioid stakeholder groups, partners, or proposed projects using implementation project applications.
- Discussion: Dental prescribing follow-up data
- Data from HCA shows where patients live, but not where prescribers are. The data shows room for improvement among prescriber best practices across the NCACH region.
- Workgroup Chair, Dr. Malcom Butler, will be following up on data findings and share recommendations to group at next meeting
- Decision: Selecting the targeted approaches to addressing the opioid use epidemic in NCACH and develop application for funding.
- The group has identified priority approaches under five main project focus categories:
- Overdose Prevention
- Population Health Management
- More information will be available for potential implementation project partners and applications for funding at the 2018 Annual Summit
- Next meeting: March 23, 2018
Transitional Care and Diversion Interventions -- February 22, 2018
- Eric Skaansgard (Catholic Charities) has been elected as Workgroup Chair
- Discussion: Data to support the project
- Areas that have high trends of Emergency Department (ED) utilization among Medicaid clients- may be in part because there is a lack of walk-in and urgent care services across county, as well as a lack of homeless shelters and/or detox centers for substance use disorders
- More data and follow up come after discussion with Health Care Authority
- Discussion: Project Implementation Funding Approaches
- Group identified approaches for funding projects, as well as metrics that could help support Law Enforcement in criminal justice diversion
- Discussion: Transitional Care projects
- Because of NCACH's rural health population and service model, there is some flexibility for the Workgroup to devise their own local approach within the framework provided by the Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Small workgroup to meet outside of TCDI Workgroup to explore possibilities and report back at next meeting
- Next meeting: March 22, 2018
Coalitions for Health Improvement (CHIs)
- Chelan Douglas CHI met February 14, 2018
- Members discussed "Why We CHI" and used organizational success stories to share impacts and identify connections between other groups in the CHI.
- Next meeting: March 14, 2018
- Grant County CHI met February 13, 2018
- CHI members selected Rosalinda Kibby, Administrator at Columbia Basin Hospital, as their appointed Board-member elect.
- Okanogan County CHI met February 22, 2018
- Members decided to elect an Okanogan CHI Leadership Council, as well as to develop strategic goals for 2018 and beyond.
- Next meeting: TBD