Monthly Meetings Round Up
NCACH Governing Board
View meeting materials
- Motion to approve the following nominations for the Governing Board, approved:
- Jesus Hernandez, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) seat
- Discussion: The Board reviewed NCACH's monthly financial statements, and discussed plans to review and approve the 2021 annual budget later this year.
- Discussion: The Board reviewed and discussed strategic planning efforts to date, including the development of a draft mission statement. Additional planning efforts continue and the Board will be presented a mission statement to approve at the October meeting.
- Discussion: Board representative, Molly Morris, shared Colville Tribes updates.
- Motion to approve proposal and contract for social media management, approved.
- Discussion: The Board discussed telehealth needs and gaps in the region based on reports from staff. The Board requested that additional information be brought forward for more discussion in October.
- Next meeting: Novmeber 2, 2020 (Board met October 5, 2020)
Medicaid Transformation Project Updates
Whole Person Care Collaborative
- General updates: During September, the WPCC Leadership Council met with staff and consultants to review a proposed plan for the end of 2019 and 2020. In light of Covid-19 and being mindful that the MTP comes to an end at the end of 2021, the WPCC is focusing primarily on behavioral health integration (BHI) and chronic disease prevention. Subtopics such as access, including telehealth and social determinants of health will be weaved into these areas. Other priorities such as follow-up after Emergency Department can also be easily woven into BHI and chronic disease prevention for those organizations who have quality improvement projects they are currently working on. This renewed focus is based on feedback from virtual site-visits with all of the WPCC organizations including clinical, managed care organizations, and community-based organizations. The WPCC will be provide nuts and bolts targeted learning activities based on the interest of the collaborative. This plan was introduced and approved at the September monthly meeting. The latter half of the WPCC meeting allowed for organizations in groups of 2 and then 4 to discuss their role in the upcoming flu and COVID-19 season. We will be allowing time at each WPCC meeting for small group discussion. October’s discussion will be on helping staff through mental health issues and staff burn-out experienced by many.
- Next meeting: November 2, 2020 (WPCC met October 5, 2020)
Community-based Care Coordination
- General updates: NCACH hosted a “Health Home Demystified” event on September 9th to deepen understanding of the Health Home program. This community-based care coordination model has been operating across Washington State since 2013 and currently engages about 545 residents in our North Central region.
- During the event, six experienced Health Home care coordinators from our rural Eastern Washington regions joined North Central Washington partners via zoom to share stories about best practices for engaging high-risk populations, what’s unique about the program, how best to work with Health Home care coordinators, the return on investment, and more.
- Missed the event? Watch the recording here: https://youtu.be/lPViThVQ-3c and download the Health Home Briefing and Health Home FAQs.
- Do you have ideas or thoughts on how North Central ACH should support a cohesive network of community-based care coordination across our region? We want to hear from our community! Please reach out to Caroline Tillier, email@example.com for thoughts, questions, or ideas.
- General updates: Opioid Project 2021 budgeting and priorities discussions continued this month.
- Joey Hunter is the newest member of the NCACH team! Joey was hired as Recovery Coach Network Coordinator and will be focused on recovery efforts in North Central Washington. See August’s blog post for an interview with Joey here!
- September 2020 was the 31st annual Recovery Month and the Central Washington Recovery Coalition put on a virtual Hands Across the Bridge event. Even through COVID, this event, normally in-person, remained centered on people with lived experience in addiction telling their stories about their recovery journeys. Visit Voices and Faces of Recovery for more info and resources on recovery, including a variety of toolkits for inspiration!
- In February 2020, the National Safety Council released A National Plan to Reduce Opioid Misuse. The document is full of strategies, resources, and information on the opioid epidemic. Download the plan here!
- Next meeting: November 20, 2020
Transitional Care and Diversion Interventions
- General updates: TCDI Workgroup refined their community funding approach and gathered input from funded partners at the September meeting. A more comprehensive plan for the workgroup to review will be brought forward at the November Workgroup meeting.
- Partners submitted their Quarter 3 reports on October 15th. A full summary of reports will be available in November.
- Next meeting: November 19, 2020
Coalitions for Health Improvement (CHI)
- The Regional CHI Leadership Council met to discuss 2020 CHI Community Initiatives, including developing recommendations to manage award allocation for Large and multi-county finalist projects. Learn more about CHI Community Initiatives funding.
- Next Meeting: October 28, 2020
- Chelan Douglas CHI met September 9, 2020
- Next meeting: November 18, 2020
- Grant County CHI All activities temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
- Okanogan County CHI met September 24, 2020
- Next meeting: October 29, 2020